Benefits of Pay As You Go Healthcare
Private healthcare is often seen as an on-going monthly expense, a luxury that may be out of reach. But the benefits of private medical care cannot be underestimated and here we look at a different concept that you may not have considered – pay as you go private healthcare. A way of getting the treatment you need when you need it, and it may not be as expensive as you might think.
With pay as you go private healthcare, the benefits of private treatment are not reserved solely for those who pay each month for medical insurance. Anyone is able to make use of private hospital facilities if they choose a ‘pay as you go’ package. The best bit is you only pay for what you need, so you are not tied into a monthly expense that you may or may not ever need to take advantage of.
Advantages to this type of treatment route include no delays, a simple one-time payment, and an approach to your healthcare that is personalised for you. In some cases patients can qualify for an interest-free loan so that the cost can be spread.
Other benefits of opting for pay as you go healthcare include:
- There are no delays in treatment, and diagnosis is fast. Standard healthcare can lead to long waits for treatment, but pay as you go healthcare can help you to get the treatment that you require much more quickly.
- There are no hidden costs. Once you have paid for your consultation and any tests, there will be a price quoted for your treatment. This will include everything that you might need, from outpatient appointments to the drugs that will be prescribed. Pay as you go can give you a bit more peace of mind when it comes to the final bill.
- The treatment is personalised. Pay as you go services ensure that the package and care you get are tailored for you. The consultant you see will be the same one throughout your treatment, from the initial consultation to the outpatient appointments after your treatment. The same nursing team will also be in place throughout your care. Overnight and longer stays will be comfortable, with a private room with en suite facilities. All the home comforts that you would expect will be provided so that your stay is as stress-free as possible.
- State-of-the-art technology. Advances within the medical world take place every day and it is important for hospitals to invest in the latest technology and equipment. Having professional staff in place is just one aspect of your care.
- Wider choice. There are many different procedures that you cannot get through the NHS and there are some regional differences in NHS services – find out more here: http://www.nhs.uk/Pages/HomePage.aspx. If you opt for pay as you go healthcare, you can be sure that you will be able to choose the treatments that are right for you. All this is available to you without paying for private healthcare on a regular basis.
How do I obtain pay as you go private treatment?
If you feel that you’d like to private then you can ask your GP to write a referral letter to a private consultant. Your GP is often the best place to recommend a specialist, but you can ask them to refer you to any specialist you choose.
If you do want to see a specific consultant then this will usually determine which hospital you get treated in - and vice versa, of course, if you have your heart set on a specific private hospital in your area then you can ask for this specifically.