Has this happened to you?
Do you, or have you ever suffered from a mental illness?
Mental Healthy have been approached by a TV company who are looking to tell the story of young people and their experiences when trying to access mental health services and treatment.
This is to be a sensitive documentary aiming to capture the realities faced, in order to help raise awareness of these important issues. If you feel you have a story and wish to tell it, please look at the questions below, and, if you match the criteria, please do contact Ellie Hunt on the email at the end of this article.
Please note this is completely confidential at this first development stage. Anyone wishing to participate would have time to consider any possible opportunity, and this would be subject to the company wishing to take it further. If you would like to know more, please do contact them below:
Call for participants:
- Have you suffered with mental illnes? If so, have you had access to appropriate treatment?
- How long have you had to wait?
- How much help have you received from your GP?
- How have you found moving from CAMHS to AMHS?
- If you’ve been to A&E after self-harming or feeling suicidal did you have an assessment? Was it with a mental health professional?
If you’re between 16 -25 we'd like to hear about your experiences of seeking mental health treatment for a Documentary about young people & mental health (confidential background research at this stage).
Please contact Ellie Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.