Here you will find a range of depression guides, features, news and information.
The topic of depression is vast, and if you are struggling with depression symptoms such as
- Lack of interest, motivation, enthusiasm
- Lack of enjoyment
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Difficulties making decisions
It can be very difficult to know where to start in finding out more about your condition. Our guides below have all been written with you in mind. They are jargon free, written for sufferers and their friends and families, in easy to understand terms. We have compiled this section to help you:
- Gain more understanding about depression
- Understand signs and symptoms
- Recognise the condition
- Understand treatment options
- Know when and where to get help
- What you should expect from a healthcare professional
- How you can help yourself
- How you can support a depression sufferer
- Stay up to date with depression news
We hope you find our features useful, please also see the specific areas of bipolar disorder, postnatal depression, real life and self-help (from the main navigation above), they will give you further guides on these specific topics.
If you are struggling with depression, or know someone who is, we recommend your first port of call should be your GP. While our guides can be used as reference and are great for self education and awareness, this site does not substitute the individual care your condition needs, and advice should be sought from a healthcare professional.
To find a specialist in your area please see our counselling directory.